Friday 17 July 2009

Further delays expected

Okay, I'm too tired to blog properly today and have to go to sleep asap so I can wake up at 4am to see Tsukiji fish market in all it's early morning glory. I plan on exploring as much of Tokyo as is humanly possible this weekend :D

Work today was good, chatted with the Americans who deal with European government bonds and spent the afternoon teaching myself some more stuff. Went out for lunch with my boss again to chat about how I was finding things so far - got some really nice feedback from the people I've been working with. We went to one of the neighbouring buildings and had the best tonkatsu for lunch. I forgot to take my camera (oh dear, I'll just have to eat it again so I can take a photo...) but if you google it, you can see what I'm talking about. It's pork fillet that's fried in panko breadcrumbs, which is drizzled with this awesome sauce and served with shredded cabbage.

I went to Akihabara (locally known as 'electric town') after work and bough myself a nice Canon SLR digital camera. It's the Kiss X3 Canon and I don't think you can even get it in the UK yet! I've managed to get about £1000 worth of kit for just over £500, so it's all good! Now I just need to work out how to use it in time for tomorrow. Hmmmm.

EDIT I can't believe I forgot to say that I had my first boba tea today! Iced lychee tea with chewy tapioca balls (not frogspawn, which is kind of what it looks like).

No comments:

Post a Comment