Friday 14 August 2009

Comics and corporate finance law

Today has been quite surreal. I woke up and did some 'studying' (I tried, honest...) and then headed off to join the otaku at Comiket in Odaiba with some friends. This event is the world's largest hand-made comic book fair (according to wikipedia) and I have never seen so many people in one place at the same time - it was absolutely heaving!


We kind of didn't anticipate how popular the whole thing was going to be, and there's really only two ways to get to Odaiba, both of which were so busy that it took us about an hour to get to the Tokyo Big Sight (where it's held) and then about 10 minutes to get in. This left me with only about 15 minutes to actually look around before I had to head back to Shimbashi for my final JSDA lesson :( Which just means that I have an excuse to go back again tomorrow :) I spent all the time today checking out the cosplay area outside. Cosplay is when people dress up as their favourite anime characters, and some of the costumes were really impressive.





You could tell which costumes were condsidered to be the best, as they drew the largest crowd of cosplay-paparazzi:


It was a shame to have to go back to class but today's lesson was really useful. We finished up the section on Japanese corporate law, other finance laws and then moved on to calculations associated with bonds and financial statements. There is so much to learn!! Thankfully we did a lot of going over what we've already learnt. I've now just got to memorise it all over the next four days and also work out how to decipher the garbled exam questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment