Monday 24 August 2009

Look Mum, I'm on TV!

Work this week is a bit up in the air because the FSA are arriving to inspect the place tomorrow and everyone is running around like headless chickens. I'm meant to be spending a week on the bank side of the firewall, but could be heading back to RBS Securities to hang with the sales team. I don't think anybody actually wants to deal with me this week, so goodness only knows where I'll end up.

After work today, I headed over to the Kenichi Ohmae Graduate School of Business' filming studios for an interview. I had been invited to come along by someone that I met at the St Andrews Society Ceilidh and BBQ, all those weeks ago at the Embassy. She interviewed me for about an hour on my internship and how I'm finding working in Japan different from working at home, and other things like what my favourite karaoke song is :)

It was really cool and felt like it went pretty well. We looked like newsreaders, sitting behind a desk with a blue screen behind us, being filmed, and they superimposed a photo of the Tokyo skyline reflected in the windows of a skyscraper onto the screen.


An edited version of my interview will be used in new lectures and other teaching material that they are currently producing. I didn't get to meet Kenichi-san himself (nicknamed 'Mr Strategy'), which would have been nice seeing as he is one of the world's leading business and corporate strategists, apparently, but it's pretty neat to think that I'm now part of his Masters degree course!

On another note, there might be slightly fewer (if any...) blog posts this week as my best friend from home is coming over to visit and I am WELL excited. She left this morning to find out that her flight had been overbooked but got put on another one and compensated by more than the flights cost her in the first place - so she's ended up getting free flights, free accommodation and some spending money! Jammy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment