Thursday 20 August 2009

Vending machines

These electronic dispensers are absoutely everywhere you go (I go past 7 soft drink vending machines in the 100 yards I walk along my street until I get to my apartment!) and are super convenient. I have seen some really weird and wonderful vending machines recently, so I thought I'd make a list of some of my favourites.

At number 7, we have the vending machines that surround an unsuspecting tree in Yokohama:


Sticking with the theme of nature is this floral drinks machine in Kyoto, at number 6:


I wonder how long this beer vending machine would remain in one piece in the UK? Machines that dispense alcoholic beverages come in fifth place:


In fourth position is this beast that dispensed hot pot noodles at a temple in Kyoto:


Third place is awarded to the every-so-handy umbrella vending machines that can be found in most train stations:


The final two places were hotly contested, but, slipping behind in second is this one in Akihabara:


I'm pretty sure (but not enirely certain) that the cans contain some sort of Japanese stew; by inspection of the picture on the front:


First place had to be awarded to the oh-so-strange 'canned bread' vending machine, also spotted in Akihabara:



For all those times that you're really desperate for some flavoured bread that's been sealed and cooked in a can. Honestly, what will they think of next?

No comments:

Post a Comment