Monday 10 August 2009

Mother Nature

Everybody at work todat was talking about yesterday's earthquake; I felt really left out... On one hand, I'm absolutely gutted to have missed it as there probably won't be another earthquake while I'm living here. On the other hand, I think I would have crapped myself had I been on my own when it happened - it made buildings shake and people's stuff moved around. A lot of the objects in my room were not where I left them - my fax machine was hanging off the edge of the desk. Apparently it's usually quite difficult to stay standing up in a magnitude 4.0 earthquake, which is what it was. Scary stuff!

When I got up this morning, it was raining so heavily that it was almost still dark. Thankfully, the rain had eased off a bit by the time I needed to leave for work, so I assumed that the rain was about to finish for the day and left with no jacket or coat and only a wee umbrella. This turned out to be a massive error on my part - Tokyo was hit by typhoon Etau today. Oops. I have never seen such heavy rain before!

My schedule for this week is a bit messed up because on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I'm going to a different office for my JSDA Sales Rep exam course. I was meant to be spending the whole week with the structures desk (FX and interest rate structures for Japanese clients) but will only get two days with them this week and maybe a couple somewhere else. This is a bit of a shame as they are all really nice guys and the structures they design and price are actually pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment