Tuesday 25 August 2009

EXCITED

My friend from home is here! I'm so impressed that she made it in one piece after what was quite an epic journey. She met me after work and we headed out for some sushi and then spent ages wandering around the bright lights of Ginza.

My schedule has been sorted out now and I'm spending this week in the bank with the real estate guys and the porfolio managers. The bank side of things is a very different environment to the front office and the work I'm currently doing feels a lot more like accounting. Just now, I'm getting to grips with researching companies' financial statements in order to analyse how they are doing (i.e. whether they are making money or not). This has to be done on a regular basis and especially if a company wants to borrow money from the bank or increase/decrease an outstanding loan.

More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment